September 1, 2011 – Chugchilán, Cotopaxi, Ecuador – Black Sheep Inn, an internationally acclaimed award winning ecolodge, is converting into a Retreat Center hosting workshops and events. The lodge will no longer be operating as a hotel with daily check-ins and check-outs, but instead will specialize in group events, offering the entire facility for 5 days or more.
Groups enjoy Black Sheep Inn’s globally recognized services:
• Worlds Best Hotels – South America STAY LIST – National Geographic Traveler 2011
• Top 10 Eco-Resort – Delta SKY Magazine 2009
• Top 50 Eco-Lodges – National Geographic Adventure Magazine 2009
• Winner – ECOCLUB.com Ecotourism Awards 2006 & 2008
• Skål International Ecotourism Award 2006
• Smithsonian Magazine/Tourism Cares for Tomorrow Sustainable Tourism Award 2005
• Finalist for Tourism for Tomorrow Award – World Travel & Tourism Council 2005
• Highly Commended – Best Mountain Environment – Responsible Tourism Awards 2005
• Short-Listed – Responsible Traveler Award 2004
• Top 10 Ecolodges in the World – Outside Magazine 2003
• Eco-Certified – Ecuadorian Ministry of Tourism & Ecuadorian Ecotourism Society 2003
• Best Website – Ecuadorian Ministry of Tourism 2002
Suggested themes for Retreats include: Yoga or Meditation Retreats; Creative Workshops for Artists or Writers; Eco-Living or Green Building Trainings; Family Reunions, Weddings, Birthdays; Volunteer Vacations with Community-Aid Work; Corporate Team Building and Empowerment or other weeklong events.
Black Sheep Inn’s rural Andean location offers world renowned day hiking, horseback riding and excursions to: Laguna Quilotoa, Rio Toachi Canyon, cloud forest in the Iliniza Ecological Reserve, indigenous markets, and local cooperative workshops producing handcrafted furniture and Swiss-style cheeses.
Eco Permaculture Features include: solar panels, adobe construction, composting toilets, recycling, roof water collectors, gray water systems, organic gardens, community education & aid work, reforestation, erosion control and more.
If you are organizing a vacation, event or workshop please send an inquiry to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com