Saladero Eco Lodge – Costa Rica
Saladero Eco Lodge is located right accross from the Osa Peninsula, on the Golfo Dulce, South-Pacific Costa Rica.
- Are you looking for an off-the-beaten-track experience in Costa Rica?
- Would you like to discover the natural beauty and wildlife treasures of the tropical primary rainforest and its mangrove while relaxing on a private beach in between two coconuts trees?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, feel free to come and meet the “Saladero” family, you’re going to enjoy it.
Before becoming an eco lodge, Saladero is first of all Susan and Harvey’s home, where they live all year long and even grow their own organic produce. The property is about 480 acre of private preserve environmentally managed, and offer 1/2 miles of beachfront right one the calm Golfo Dulce. A piece of the primary rainforest property (465 acres) is in fact even part of the Piedras Blancas National Park.
A room at the Eco Lodge
The Lodge aims to provide travelers a unique location which combines :
- Discovery of wildlife and natural wonders;
- Sustainable lifestyle in the middle of pristine rainforest;
- Comfort of being Susan and Harvey’s guests (which includes enjoying their homemade, fresh and delicious organic cuisine!)
Saladero Eco Lodge Activities
Surrounding the Lodge are hiking trails. As a result, hundreds of different birds are visible. Including the Fiery-billed Aracari, Blue-crowned Motmot as well as the endangered Scarlet Macaws. The Eco Lodge’s free kayaks are a great way to explore the waterways. While kayaking you may see dolphins, rays, and sea turtles. Furthermore you may spot capuchin monkeys on the shore. Snorkeling, fishing and stand up board paddling are also available.
Birdwatchers, honeymooners, photographers, biologists… or simply nature-lovers, come and stay at Saladero Eco Lodge, you’ll certainly have a memorable time!
*To see the older version of the Eco Rating Exam: Saladero Eco Rating Exam. Score 4.2
To read Saladero Eco Lodges Blog