Feb 23, 2011, San José, Costa Rica – With the average wedding costing more than $24,000, it’s no secret that tying the knot can be an expensive affair. Before putting that dream honeymoon on the chopping block, consider sacrificing the wedding dress for one with a few less rhinestones and head to Costa Rica – your marriage will thank you.
Cayuga Sustainable Hospitality manages five high-end, Earth-friendly resorts, hotels and ecolodges in Costa Rica: Latitude 10 Beach Resort, Lapa Rios Ecolodge, Finca Rosa Blanca Coffee Plantation & Inn, Arenas Del Mar Beachfront & Rainforest Resort, and Harmony Hotel. And with honeymoon season right around the corner, the award-winning hospitality group has launched honeymoon specials for each of its locations:
• Latitude 10 Resort: After taking the plunge, spend a few days with your new sweetie at the private, tropical Latitude 10 Resort. Enjoy the peace of your open-air window secluded bungalow and the deserted white sand beaches of Playa Santa Teresa. Latitude 10’s honeymoon special runs April 25 through Nov. 20, 2011: stay five nights in the master suite and pay for only four and enjoy a complimentary private, romantic dinner. For more information, visit Latitued 10 Resort, call (506) 2640-0396 or email email@example.com.
• Lapa Rios Ecolodge: If you love nature as much as your main squeeze, consider Lapa Rios for that dream honeymoon. An oceanfront bungalow serves as your headquarters, complete with a private wooden deck and an open-air shower. Wander through one of many rainforest trails and listen to the natural music of the local wildlife. Lapa Rios’ honeymoon special runs April 25 through Nov. 20, 2011: book the Honeymoon Package and receive an additional night for free. For more information, visit Lapa Rios Ecolodge, call (506) 2735-5130 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Finca Rosa Blanca Coffee Plantation & Inn: Pamper yourselves by soaking in an organic coffee, clove and citrus bath or sit under the cascading waterfall of Finca Rosa Blanca’s sweet water infinity pool. After a dinner featuring local ingredients, settle into your bed’s soft bamboo linens and airy sheets and dream of a long future with your new love. Finca Rosa Blanca’s honeymoon special runs April 25 through Nov. 20, 2011: stay three nights and pay for only two and receive a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine. For more information, visit www.fincarosablanca.com, call (506) 2269-9392 or email email@example.com.
• Arenas Del Mar Beachfront & Rainforest Resort: Stressed out from all that wedding planning? Chill out at Arenas del Mar, the ideal location for couples needing to decompress and reconnect. Surrounded by rainforest, this spot includes beautiful private suites, two full-service dining areas, spa, access to miles of pristine beaches and private swimming pools. Arenas Del Mar’s honeymoon special runs April 25 through Nov. 20, 2011: stay five nights in the ocean view premium suite and pay for only four and receive a complimentary romantic beach dinner and a tour of Manuel Antonio National Park. For more information, visit Arenas Del Mar Beach and Nature Resort, call (506) 2777-2777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Harmony Hotel: A labor of love in itself, Harmony is a magical place designed to help its guests find balance through love and nature. And with nothing but Mother Nature as a distraction, this hotel is a dreamy, secluded setting for an unforgettable experience. Harmony’s honeymoon special runs April 25 though Nov. 20, 2011: stay five nights in a bungalow and pay for only four and receive a complimentary romantic dinner. For more information, visit The Harmony Hotel, call (506) 2682-4114 or email email@example.com.
“At the end of the day, it’s not the mile-high cake or elaborate table centerpieces the bride and groom remember most – it’s those first few days spent in the marriage afterglow,” said Hans Pfister, CEO and principle of Cayuga Sustainable Hospitality. “When staying at one of our earth-friendly ecolodges and resorts in Costa Rica and Nicaragua, surrounded by private rainforests and beaches, new couples are offered the much-needed peace and tranquility to relax and reconnect after the big day.”
And just as the wedding should be a unique affair, so should the honeymoon. Cayuga’s locations offer a range of outdoor opportunities – when the newlyweds aren’t relaxing on secluded beachfronts, enjoying gourmet eats or lounging in the private open-air bungalows. Some highlights include hiking the wild rainforest waterfalls at Lapa Rios Ecolodge, taking a surfing and stand-up paddling lesson at Harmony Hotel, horseback riding near Arenas Del Mar and touring the organic coffee plantation at Finca Rosa Blanca.
And for the newlyweds who want to go where few have gone before, consider staying at Cayuga’s sixth ecolodge, located in Nicaragua:
• Jicaro Island Ecolodge: A secluded island getaway perfect to spend those first few newlywed days. Start the day with yoga overlooking the lake or relax in your private hammock. Finish the day with a sunset kayak and a candlelight dinner on a floating dock. Jicaro’s honeymoon special runs April 25 through Nov. 20, 2011: stay three nights and pay for only two and pick from either a complimentary romantic dinner on the floating dock or a couples massage. For more information, visit Jicaro Island Ecolodge or email firstname.lastname@example.org.