The latest updates from Hondo Hondo (Udzungwa Forest Tented Camp). Located in the little visited Kilombero Valley in Southern Tanzania, and bordering the biologically diverse Udzungwa Mountains National Park, Hondo Hondo provides a high standard of visitor accommodation and access to the hiking, primate-spotting and birdwatching in the rainforest, mountains and valley.
• SIX ensuite tented rooms, each with a newly completed stone floored outdoor bathroom, solar heated showers and comfortable, locally sourced coconut wood furniture.
• FLIGHTS to Udzungwa available from Coastal Travels starting June 2012.
• The new Canopy Bar, situated in a beautiful clearing on the edge of the rainforest, looking out at the rainforest canopy and providing a wonderful place to have a sundowner and watch the colobus monkeys and hornbills in the trees.
• 5 comfortable thatched huts, each well equipped with comfortable beds and mosquito netting and with shared access to solar heated showers and western style bathrooms
• Campsite area, offering simple cooking and barbeque facilities and with western style bathrooms and solar heated showers.
• Hiking, waterfall swimming, cycling, village walks, school visits, rubber plantation tours, canoeing on Kilombero River, kayaking on Msolwa river, birdwatching, primate spotting, camping in the rainforest…..
• Eco-certified with The International Ecotourism Society; member of Stuff your Rucksack and Pack for a Purpose. Eco Rating of 4 out of 5 at Eco Tropical Resorts.
• See reviews from our guests on TripAdvisor
• Information for Tour Operators including sample itineraries available on our Tours-Ops page.
For more information on their website: Udzungwa Forest Camp